Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fatigue is nothing. Freedom is everything.

Yesterday I had my first check up since starting back on chemo maintenace a month ago. A regimit that is expected to last a minimum of two more years, or 23 months if you are like me and keeping track at home. When asked if I have noticed anything since starting back on chemo, the only response I had was fatigue. I prefaced that with several statements on how I have exercised more lately, the kids have been wearing me out and that I am staying up later. My terrific nurse practioner didn't bite on my ability to push aside possible relationship between the chemo and return of my fatigue. The response I got:

"Sounds like you are full of 50% optimism, and 50% denial." 

Man, she knows me too well. Maybe it's this combination that allows me to domiante beyond the true reality that I face each day with Multiple Myeloma. One thing that was not denied was that the results of my blood labs and my bone marrow biopsy came back squeeky clean once again. I am still free of Multiple Myeloma. #score #doMMinate














I have learned from others who have gone before with this disease that you can't let up, that you need to remain focused and ready to react. I believe this persistence will produce a cure and that I will find freedom from Multiple Myeloma along with a multiude of others.

Time for a nap.

#dominateLife

-Phl

5 comments:

Dom and Nan said...

We're so happy that you're clean, baby!

The Myeloma Fighter said...

Keep Fighting Phil! Nice to read you again!

Yvon

Sandy said...

Everyone who get clean gives hopes to those who're trying to... intending this trend continues!

Nick said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
waylanmarx said...

For example, one should not neglect a 400 Quick Loan for urgent expensive medical treatment, education, housing purchase, and also for the purpose of economy (if the loan cuts costs or brings in new revenues: for example, you can buy a washing machine on credit and arrange a mini laundry at home washing not only your own but also clothes of other people for money.