Thursday, November 6, 2008

Update to the update

Phil just talked to our P.A. and she said his M-Spike (which is a significant indicator of the progression of MM, and the number they are most concerned with in Phil's case) went down from 2.9 to 2.6. However, it is still up from his initial labs when it was at 2.2 so the plan is to give it another month and repeat the labs to see what the overall trend is.

Phil did meet a man with MM the other day who says his numbers have been all over the chart since diagnosis and he hasn't needed treatment yet so maybe Phil's MM is doing the same. We'll know more in a month.

This waiting is so annoying. I just want to send someone in with cancer grenades and myeloma laser guns and blast those suckers outta there.

6 comments:

Alysa said...

I wish I could be a REAL warrior and lob the grenades and laser guns for you, but I promise to be a prayer warrior!

Cassie said...

Even better, Alysa.

Thank you.

Christine said...

It is so hard to wait. My heart goes out to you. I am so glad that you are not walking through this alone. You have a loving God watching over you.

We have been battling this now for a year and a half. We would not have made it if it were not for God taking every step with us.

You can add me to the list of people you know that are praying for you.

Becky said...

Praying for you too.

And totally random: I like your new header.

Cassie said...

Christine and Becky, thank you.

wearitbaseball said...

Bastard cells die! That is about as good as a grenade lob as I can come up with for right now. Praying for your family through all of this. I am so glad your heads are screwed on straight. You both are amazing individuals!