Sunday, November 2, 2008

Words of Wisdom

Posted by Phil:

I received an email from a friend and I believe her words were full of so much truth. In commenting on my condition she said: "...believing that in all things God is in control, and he allows us to go through some very painful things because ultimately it is us, our hearts , our devotion he wants to have."

Most people that know me understand that I lean heavily on faith in decisions I make around the way I chose to live. A couple of years ago when I was hit with a pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lung) I thought I was being attacked by death. Through some time working through my thoughts in prayer I sensed God telling me that it was him on the other side of the blood clot. He wanted my devotion, my attention and simply put...my life. (Thanks for the reminder Kelly)

I felt for the first time being in the palm of God was the safest place to be, but also maybe one of the most dangerous given that he could squish me like Ocean does little ants. After the PE I received two additional blood clots in the course of 18 months. God seemed to validate to me that he has a stake in my life and I must continue to give it back to him.

I'll end with a verse that must be stuck on auto-play in my head...probably for good reason:
Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Don't forget to vote on Tuesday. Tuesday will also be our first doctor's appointment since the diagnosis on 8/8. We will be reviewing the recent lab results. Here's a short prayer for Tuesday: "Lord, give Dr. J the wisdom to decipher the best course of action for Phil's case. More importantly, help restore Phil's Michigan Wolverines!"

Love y'all...thanks for staying tuned. -Phil

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying for positive results.....including the Wolverines! :)

(although...I do have to throw a ROLL TIDE in there :])