We started Cycle #6, albeit there was a little delay today when Dr. J wasn't sure if I was going to take a break between cycle 5 and 6 to do my stem collection. The final verdict from Dr. Perez who heads up my transplant team is that he would prefer that the MM be reduced to the lowest possible level prior to transplant; assuming my blood counts are still in good standing and I am doing well.
Cycles 3, 4 and 5 were very uneventful in terms of side effects and I am actually reporting that I feel better today than possibly prior to beginning treatment, if that's even possible. We will find out the results of Cycle 5 on Thursday and I'll be sure to report out via this blog. Dr. J and went ahead and put Cycle #7 in the books, but whether we more forward with it will largely depend on Cycle #5 results. Part of me is ready to move to transplant so I can get on with my life, but I realize patience is key in tackling MM.