Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A quick note... (from Cassie)

Thank you so much, everyone, for such kind words and sincere empathy after my last post. Things are looking up the last few days, probably due to the recent emergence of sunshine, my brand-spankin' new iron supplements (anemia + pregnancy hormones + myeloma = recipe for emotional disaster) and the birth of my BF's third child (a boy!). I appreciate you all-- we are so fortunate to have such a wonderful network of people to lift us up when we're struggling.

Ocean and Phil were chasing each other around the house after dinner tonight and Iris was still working on her fourth helping of dinner. (This is not atypical.) Iris began chanting, "Go Ocean Go! Go Ocean Go!" Ocean, without stopping, exclaimed, "Thank you, Iris! Your encouragement helps me so much!" And then he actually started running faster.

Aside from the fact that I don't know many four-year-olds who speak this way, it made me think of you all. We run faster when we know there are people behind us.

Lots of mid-week love from us to you.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Go, Brabbs family, go!

Unknown said...

Sweetie- you left out the part where Iris started saying "Go Daddy, Go!" and Ocean quickly refuted her and told her not to cheer on Daddy. I guess I do have quite a size advantage, but man...Ocean is getting quick.

Amy McKenna said...

Awww...lots of mid-week (well, now end-of-week) love to you guys too!