Monday, October 11, 2010

The Dominate Cry Heard in front 113,000 in the Big House

Although the game was heart wrenching, the two minute timeout in the 1st Quarter was something I'll carry with me for the rest of the domination of Multiple Myeloma. I was very nervous and had no clue on how to present myself in front of 113,000 fans. And then....it happened (play video).


They mentioned the words Dominate Cancer and the animal within me just came out. I could not stop pumping my fist. The last two years of dominating MM with many years ahead just wanted out. I wanted everyone in that stadium to join in on the domiNation. I wanted in that moment to put an end to cancer and I felt like together, We Will Dominate Cancer. It was special.

8 comments:

faith said...

Wow!! Truly inspiring.

JBM said...

Wow tears and chills watching that video. I wear my dominate t shirt proudly and will not stop raising awareness and funds for mm until it is dominated! Thanks for all your awareness you bring to this cause

Meliss said...

WOW! Wish they would have shown that on TV!

MM is what my Grandpa died of 3 years ago (already?!), so I love reading your blog.

Linda said...

Great job Phil and in that setting, who wouldn't get excited? Thanks again for using your youth and energy to spread excitement and enthusiasm in a world where this disease can easily drag one down. Continue to dominate MM!

Andrea said...

Kevin was at the game and said it was pretty awesome seeing you on the field and the big screen. We're with you all in prayer! Keep dominating!

Scott Gaines said...

I have personally never met you Phil, but I am inspired by you daily!!!

Preferred Customer/ Janice said...

Phil and Cassie, What an unbelievable way to promote your foundation, and let people know about our almost "unheard" of cancer. Keep up the good work.

Unknown said...

Phil that was so awesome! You are awesome! :) I am so inspired by your fight with MM and the work you are doing to raise awareness and dominate cancer.

Miss you guys!

-Laurie