Friday, September 10, 2010

Friday Infusion is back...

The brave new world, i.e. life post two bone marrow transplants, is different. For one, as I sit here in at UMCCC's infusion center drinking chemo through a vein in my right arm, I am much more tired. Not even the dexiness from the Dexamethasone (steroid) is keeping me from being reminded of the tiredness presented in my physical body. Mentally and emotionally I am still the dominating Phil everyone knows, but my physical cells that move me from here to there are screaming for rest.

Regardless, I am still very passionate about beating this thing and I feel like I am in the 4th quarter as I take on a heavy chemo regiment of consolidation. I am expecting to hear two words, Complete Response (CR), by end of year and I hope to remain there for a very long time, if not forever. Time will tell the effectiveness of this aggressive treatment, and I am hoping my experience can be a benefit for me personally and my family in terms of keeping me around, but I also want to see the world of Myeloma continue to advance in the knowledge that will get everyone the cure they need. I sense it's coming...


Above is a photo of me giving a shout out to the U of M Swimming team that my father-in-law has coached for over 25 years. He's quite a stud and I guy who admire and respect. So although I love Michigan Football, I also have a big heart for the Swim Team and Water Polo ;)

Dominate Multiple Myeloma and conquer Notre Dame.

-Phil

P.S. If you want to join the domiNATION and raise funds to kick Multiple Myeloma...learn how by click here.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish you the best!!! Keep fighting...Never, never give up...Keep being strong...Stella. :)

Unknown said...

You are the strongest person I know. You give a lot of us out here with MM HOPE. May the lord continue to bless you and your family. DOMINATE PHIL YOU CAN DO IT!

Becky said...

Keep on chugging dude. Chemo sucks, but you are tough.

I started radiation this week, and I'm wondering what surprises it has in store. Good times'

Oh well, as an old teacher of mine used to say, ain't no to it but to do it.