Saturday, December 11, 2010

Quick Update: Cycle #5

Cycle #5 is almost in the books, which means I am headed to an off week of chemo! I have gotten quite used to drinking chemo on B1 as I have tallied 50 infusions to date over the last 14 months.


With the M-protein holding at 0.2 since my 60 day post tandem transplant #2, I am taking to exercise and reading to keep my mind and spirit right. My muscles have disappeared over the last few months which is a painful reality that I need to get over. It is really starting to motivate me to Dominate 2011, a campaign that will be all about returning my body to top physical strength so it will be ready for any twist or turn in the future.

The kids are a delight right now, Cassie is still a rock and looking hot with her new lighter highlights and I am asking Santa for a reduction in the M-protein this year!

Thanks to everyone for the continued encouragement and prayers as we finish out the end of the year.


7 comments:

Lorna A. said...

Hi Phil, Glad to see you are still dominating. I hope Santa brings you everything you want.
Lorna and Mike.

Dogma said...

Great to read of your progress, Phil. You and Cassie have a wonderfully informative blog. Thanks and Merry Christmas! --lmb

Jean Dreyer said...

Phil you inspire me everyday. Your positive attitude and determination has helped me so much. I am on day +23 since my stem cell transplant. I am now home with my husband and 4 kids and it feels great! I also look forward to the days of getting back to running and training again. But for now, I'm enjoying just being home! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your beautiful family!

Becky said...

Go Phil! Let's get this thing done. Hang in there. Here's to a great 2011. I think of you guys all the time.

Jodi said...

Phil, glad you are doing well. You make chemo look so easy. I will be admitted on December 14th for my transplant. Aghhhh! Only 3 more days! My goal is to have all this over and done with for 2011. You and Cassie are both rock stars. I hope we do as well as both of you. When we see Santa later today, I will put a good word for that M-spike of yours.

Jodi

Sandy said...

I'm rather far away from the North Pole, but will send my list to Santa and your request will be on it!! I intend that your holiday is joyous and delightful...

Anonymous said...

Keep forgetting to say that over here the docs seem just as satisfied with a low plateau as a zero PP. Also I remember reading on Myeloma UK about a someone whose PP level continued to drop over the 14 months following SCT and we don't do maintenance therapy!

Have a Great Christmas! xx