Friday, February 19, 2010

Cycle #6 Results are in!

Here's a quick run down of what happened in Cycle #6 that is worth mentioning:
Although the M-Protein looks to be leveling off, that fact that my Kappa Free Light Chain continues to show great downward movement tells us there is still a lot to celebrate. Some Myeloma clinics put more emphasis on Light Chains than the M-protein, so either of these numbers moving down significantly is a good sign!

As for a quick update on the Baby Drama...through advice/thoughts/comments/prayer from friends, family and bloggers...I think we continue to realize that my health is #1 priority and whether the transplant happens when we want it to will play second fiddle.

There were several comments that I found very wise which said that our second daughter will be more interested and impacted in the moments I spend with her after birth, than the first moment she enters into the world. This really resonated with me and helped me put in perspective that what ever treatment I need and its timing is priority right now. There is so much to think about in terms of logistics with two kiddos at home and a pregnant wife, but thankfully we are sitting on a gold mine of support. I have no clue how we are ever going to repay all the care and generosity we have received to date, let alone all that is still to come. All I can say is thanks....maybe free Michigan Football tailgating in the Fall?????

3 comments:

Zak said...

Hmm, I think you should repay us all in cash.

Just kidding, of course. The only repayment all those generous supporters want is to see you, Cassie, Ocean, Iris and baby #3 happy and healthy and moving on from MM forever!

Anonymous said...

Yes! Great #'s brother!

Unknown said...

I am not quite at Very Good Partial Response, but folks now agree that this is really important to achieve post transplant to maximize over event free survival. Read the details here: http://www.myelomabeacon.com/news/2010/02/19/achieving-very-good-partial-response-indicates-a-good-prognosis-for-multiple-myeloma-patients-study-finds/