Where were you born and raised?
- I was born and raised in the Philippines.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 2/21/08 – age 35, IGG Kappa MM DS II/III
Did you know what MM was prior to diagnosis?
- No idea at all. Its just that when I try press the enter in Google search bar and found it was cancer, I was so depressed.
- No one.
- Ribs fracture and very low Hemoglabin
- Here in UAE.
- 02/2008: Started Induction Theraphy of 4mg dexamethasone in 4 days.
- 2/2008: Start on Tal/Velcade/Dex/Doxil/Zometa. However, Velcade was omitted during the first cycle due to severe allergic reaction.
- 8/2008: Received 7 cycles of Tal/Dex/Doxil/Zometa and the last evaluation shows extremely good response.
- 12/2009: Stem cell Harvesting, Manila Philippines.
Why did you or your doctor choose a specific treatment?
- From the day we started the treatment they already put in my mind that I need to have a transplant after the chemo session. But God make a miracle in my life, He did not allow me to have one. The M-band isn’t detectable anymore and the repeat BM shows 1% plasma cells. According to them, taking this into account an ASCT at this stage isn’t likely to improve the situation further and taking the recommendation given in the publication in JCO June 1, 2008 pp 2761-2766 by San Miguel et al.
- My onco suggest to have a stem cell harvest as planned but postpone the ASCT to later when needed.
What has been the side effects of the different treatments?
- For velcade – severe allergic reaction, pain in gums
- For Thalidomie, Doxil, Dexa…Skin rashes but tolerable, numbness, dizziness, vomiting
- At first acceptance, its really hard. I even keep this to my family, I told this only to my husband and selected friends. I don’t want my parents to be affected by this bad news. But once I’ve known what God want’s to happen in my life, everything was fine…it runs smoothly. Though there are still humps, but easily taken care of. I don’t mind side effects. Because I know God make this very light for me.
- Pray hard. Never stop praying, giving thanks, honor and praise to His name even in our time darkness. He will be our light. Put God in everything. Doctors and medicines are just instruments of God. Don’t call to anyone else, only to Him.
- I always dwell on God presence. I joined church group, I share my testimonies for some people to be inspired. That those simple problems should not be embraced that much.
- My Faith , Llifestyle, and my point of view in Life.
Did you or a parent work in a field with or were exposed to toxic chemicals prior to diagnosis?
- No. Nothing.
Here is my own blog: