Tuesday, November 10, 2009

And after the 14th day...

Hooray! We made it through our first full cycle of chemotherapy. I would definitely prefer to take the High and Mighty approach of six days of chemo work and the 7th day of rest, but nonetheless, I am grateful that we were able to hang in the ring for a full 14 days this time around. Actually, we now get a week off, so I should really just shut up right now and continue to sip on my chai latte. Expect a lot more posts now that we have made it out of the chemo cloud...maybe even a video blog or two recapping Cycle #2.



On the Myeloma Awareness front, WTKA (Sports Talk 1050AM) has graciously asked us to come to their studio Wednesday morning (Nov. 11th) for a live interview at 8:20am. So we will be rocking the air waves hoping to bring some more light to Multiple Myeloma, which the majority of the medical community says is incurable. Whether that's true or not, we want to help push towards a cure; but it's hard to cure something that no one knows anything about. Cassie will be by my side which is awesome because she has experience in radio broadcasting. If I am lucky they we'll ask her what she thought about the Purdue game and how she thinks we match up against the Badgers this weekend. They have also asked me to come on the air the Friday before the OSU game to give an update to the Michigan faithful on how the Myeloma responded to Chemo Cycle #2.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news, Phil! Hang in there, and keep the Faith. We're praying for you.

Hope you got some of the brownies I sent to go with the chai lattes.

Brenda Nawrocki

EJ & Roo said...

congrats on completing cycle 1!! were were officially discharged today from the SCT program. back in january to see if we'll go for a tandem transplant.
you're always in our prayers! keep dominating!

Kindred Spirit said...

Great news! I'm still praying.

Cassie said...

Cute coffee mug.

{(C)} said...

I'm listening to the WTKA podcast now! Awesome!