Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Dominating Water with a side of Apple Juice

Cassie and I have been at the Cancer Center for 7 hours thus far. I am dominating 2 liters of water through an IV and some Mag Citrate. The meeting with Dr. J was good. We are going to delay the start of Cycle 3 for a week, and hopefully in that time my stomach and bowel get their act together and start playing together nicely. For those who don't know, Dominating Water is my life!



I haven't been able to stomach eating anything today knowing what I know now. I did have a couple of "free" apple juice boxes courtesy of the infusion center. This apple juice is so amazing that it takes produce from four different continents to come up with just the right blend. So although each box just carries a bit over four ounces, I will sleep well tonight knowing that it traveled tens of thousands of miles to make it into my stomach. Don't worry greenies out there, I paid $238,239,039.14 to offset the CO2 exhausted.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Just catching up on your posts. I was recently in the ER (I was suffering the inverse/reverse of your puking situation) and got "hooked up" (literally) so I sympathize with replenishing the fluids and I think I got the better end of the stick (well, of the body) cause I'd much rather sit down than lean over... I hope they get you back in balance physically. (No hope for you mentally, from what I can see.) I am laughing thinking about you eating hash brownies and wondering what that would be like for your formerly drug-free body. If you ever go that route, you definitely have to blog. That would be amusing. :P

{(C)} said...

Have you tried drinking sparkling water? Breaks up the monotony of regular water drinking.

Cassie said...

That apple juice is gross.

But as the same time, it's so, so good. I think because it is so tiny.

Miranda- I'm sorry for your side effects. I think I can safely say, however, that Phil will be jealous because his problem is so, so the opposite of that.

C- Phil has started branching out to flavored waters, like the Whole Foods version of Gatorade I guess (no artificial sweeteners or colors). I like the idea of sparkling water... maybe I'll even add some to his sport drinks. Thanks for the suggestion!

Roobeedoo said...

I like the fact you have to shake it well - presumably to mix the products of so many countries?

Good to hear you doing better!

The other chemo favourite "drink" to relieve the monotony is sucking on ice-cubes. If you are feeling adventurous you could even freeze some apple juice!

Balazers said...

What do you mean "knowing what I know now"..??

Anonymous said...

Medical marijuana, huh? Keep on dominating any way you can! Lots of love and prayers coming to you from NC! Tweetie