Sunday, November 15, 2009

An Off Week of Tossing Cookies

No time to post, I have been busy puking my guts out for the last few days and I wish I could blame it on the Big Blue losing their sixth consecutive Big Ten game. We have retired Zofran and moved to Compazine (aka: prochlorperazine). For the record, I called the on call Doc and requested Ativan.



To remain transparent in my struggle with several chemo side effects, I have definitely questioned whether medical marijuana, which was made legal in Michigan the past year, would be more effective than all these man made anti-nausea drugs that don't increase my appetite and make me constipated (a former nightmare).

I am looking forward to being drug-free next Spring, my body is pissed at me.

7 comments:

tim's wife said...

Have they tried Kytril yet? I have
had oncology nurses tell me it's the best but expensive and not always offered unless requested.
I hope you feel better soon! UGH
I hate nausea.

EJ & Roo said...

hope you get your hands on the ativan soon. worked wonders for my cancer kicker.
watch out for wacky dreams though!

Kindred Spirit said...

Sometimes Sea-bands work for nausea; they are acupressure wrist bands, and they can at least reduce the sick feelings. I'll keep praying for you all.

Anonymous said...

Phil, I hope you feel better really soon. Nausea is just awful; I got really good at learning how to throw up well during my first 13 weeks of pregnancy. Praying for you!

Roobeedoo said...

I hope they get this sorted out soon. My husband had all these side effects on his first chemo treatment but has been fine (touch wood) this time around. He found he was sensitive to particular foods - don't even talk about carrots! Creamy rice pudding was one of the few things he could keep down.

Balazers said...

Last night when we were praying...Andy and i ended up laughing hysterically. It was my first time ever praying for weed!! Just thought you should know... that we are praying for you... and the pot... and the twinkies. :) Love you guys!!

{(C)} said...

Medical marijuana. Do it! There is a ton of information online about the benefits of smoking pot to cancer patients to combat the side effects of chemo. I can point you in the right direction if you are interested...

In the meantime, check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMLSyOMiYd4