Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Take that IgG! Domination continues...

After having spent a number of hours in urgent care and a couple of extra trips to the infusion center for hydration and additional blood work, I can say all that is overshadowed by the results that are starting to come in following Chemo Cycle #2. I have already explained IgG a little in a previous post, but basically everyone has some level of IgG, which are antibodies that karate chop bad guys in the face. Unfortunately for my body, I have way too many IgG's who aren't doing much in the way of karate chopping any bad guys. As shown in the beautiful excel graph below, we can now say I am back to normal, for IgG levels that is. We will hear either tomorrow or Friday where the M-protein/spike is at (i.e. on its knees awaiting a final blow!).



I feel like everyone deserves a part of this good news because we have had an army of support! From meals, to people dominating bracelets, to taking care of our kids and to praying for us when we don't have the words...nor do we feel good enough or have enough energy to come up with them. So thanks to all and all a good night!

8 comments:

amy said...

absolutely fantastic news. i am so glad and will be praying that this continues...and also that you can achieve this domination with a little less in the way of suck-tastic side effects.

Jessica said...

wohoo! glad the chemo is doing its thing! Also, Ryan stole my CancerKickerDominate bracelet--i found it in his crib after he was playing with it in my room--he must've carried it there b/c John put him in his crib not me. So, you're getting the love from everyone around here..even the littles. and also, I may need another bracelet if he won't give it back.

Anonymous said...

usually when I look at excel charts and graphs, I'm weeping from boredom. However, this one makes me weep with joy!! Keep those excel graphs coming!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for domination!
So happy for you, keep on keeping on!!

Liz

Kindred Spirit said...

Great news and great numbers! I'll keep praying for you all.

Unknown said...

AWESOME news.

tim's wife said...

Fabulous news! You know what they say, "nothing worthwhile is easy" and it sure looks like your protocol has been worthwhile.
Congrats and hope that tummy has settled down for ya.

Amy McKenna said...

Such wonderful news. You will make it through this tough, sick, crappy time. We're thinking of you guys every day!