Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Birthday...To Iris!

Our little girl turns two today and all she asks for is a Michigan Wolverine win over the Buckeyes...no biggie, right??? When I was first diagnosed (8/8/08) I couldn't fathom what Iris's world would be like without a father. I am so thankful and almost in tears to think that not only have we been able to spend 15 great months together since diagnosis, but the treatment options today for MM provide instant hope that we can push out remission for 5 to 10 years, if not even knock this thing down forever. So my dream would be to walk this little girl down the isle, although I see her being the first president and without a first man by her side....she's just that tough and sazzy. So cheers to Iris as she turns two and begins her third year of life!







On the health front, I unfortunately tossed my cookies again last night. Cassie has been busy researching what she thinks my issue may be and on Monday we see an awesome gastroenterologist from U of M. Many thanks to a neighborhood friend who is a gastroenterologist at U of M who hooked us up big time with this appointment. He even visited me when I was in the ER yesterday to check in on me. It pays to have doctor friends. If you don't have any, find some!!!

6 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday, Iris! I was also diagnosed with MM when my little girl was 6 months old, so every birthday is such a big deal! Here's to many, many more b-day celebrations for you and Iris!

John said...

Happy Birthday Iris! I love the picture of you playing in the mud, with a white coat no less!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Iris! Every so often the Good Lord sends a piece of heaven to Earth and we get to hold it in awe in our arms. How blessed you are.


On the other front... when you're tossing your cookies, picture the "mm critters" rushing as lemmings to the sea... Leaving!!!

Hang tough. We're praying for you,

Brenda N

Roobeedoo said...

Happy Birthday Iris!

Definitely a pot of gold at the end of your rainbow, little one!

And Phil - I like to think that side effects are proof the drugs are working. I hope so!

tim's wife said...

I agree with Roobeedoo. Though I was relieved Tim did not have the vomiting and diarrhea that many have with transplant, his did not work. Others who had worse GI troubles got a much better result. There is even some thought in the medical minds that if your liver does too good a job of processing the chemo and neutralizing it, it may not work as well on the cancer.
So not unlike pregnancy where the morning sickness is a good sign and means your hormones are where they need to be,
it sure sounds like this may be further proof your MM is taking a serious thrashing! I suppose this also means that the partying of Tim's late teens and early 20's did not damage his liver as much as he might have thought. ;o)
Happy Birthday to Iris and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to sweet little wonderful Iris!! With love from her fan club in NC!